I've watched all of Bleach, HxH 2011, Naruto + 80% of Shippuden and I got as far as 600~ episodes of One Piece.
I was able to watch that much because I started when I was in middle school/high school. I had a lot of free time so I caught up pretty fast to the airing episodes. I can tell you a few things that may help you decide :
- It's always better to start a long anime that is already finished. Because if you catch up you will almost certainly not watch new episodes every week and then you will not be as invested in the story as before. That's what happened with One piece for me.
- You can skip fillers. Find a list of episodes with marked fillers and just test if you like them or not.
- Idk if it's nostalgia or something but I really loved the first few seasons of One Piece. I'm sure now it hasn't aged well but I think it's worth it. It gets worse and worse though so don't watch all 800+ episodes.
- I watched HxH a few years ago and I was like you thinking is it worth it to start such a long anime when I don't have the time I used to have ? And absolutely yes. I think HxH is a good example because it's "only" 150 episodes with no fillers. You probably think it's a lot but I can tell you it goes by very quickly, you will have no problem with Inuyasha.
- If you prefer reading manga than watching anime then don't waste your time. For me, manga have no impact because it doesn't have sound, music and VA but I know a lot of people prefer manga.